Shipping and Order Tracking
We offer a wide variety of shipping options. To make things simple, this is the shipping cost for orders which don't need Express service or other special handling. Most orders at these rates will ship 1st Class or Priority Mail, which is typically delivered in 2-3 days. Some heavy or fragile orders will ship FedEx Ground, at our discretion. Orders shipped to Colorado or Wyoming may have shipping cost lower than indicated below.
Orders up to $11.99 - $3.00 shipping
$12.00 to $24.99 - $4.50 shipping
$25.00 to $49.99 - $6.00 to $6.50 shipping
$50.00 to $98.99 - $7.00 to $7.50 shipping
$99.00 and over - Free Shipping.
For customers in the Fort Collins, Co. area, we offer the option to save shipping and pick up your order at two locations. For more information, visit our Local Pick-Up Page for details.
Purchase of Gift Certificates is not included in the order total when calculating shipping. Shipping rates are based on the order total before coupons.
All of our shipping options are explained in detail below.
Free shipping on orders of $99 or more!
Orders of $99 or more of any products we sell have a free shipping option. Free shipments will be made by US Mail or FedEx Ground. Shipments by US Mail will typically be Priority Mail, but Parcel Post may be used in some situations. Applies only to shipments made to the Continental United States. Price of Gift Certificates purchased is not included in the $99 to qualify for free shipping, but is available on eligible orders when using a Gift Certificate as payment. Please note: Return of items in a "Free Shipping" order will result in regular shipping costs being deducted from the credit issued, if the return reduces the final purchase amount below that required for free shipping.
The receive free shipping, select the $99 Free Shipping option during checkout.
- With "Flat Rate" shipping we will choose either Priority Mail or Fed Ex (ground or home delivery), depending on which service will work best for your shipment.
- This is usually the least expensive option for orders of $50.00 to $98.99. Free shipping is available for orders of $99.00 or more to destinations within the Continental United States.
- There will be a flat rate charge of either $7.00 or $7.50, depending on which part of the country you are shipping to. So the price is the same regardless of the size of the order.
- Packages of 3-4 lbs or less, which do not have multiple or large breakable items, will typically be sent Priority Mail and should normally arrive in 2-3 days. Other shipments will often be sent FedEx Ground and should arrive in 2-5 business days.
- You will receive an email that shows which service was used and any tracking information.
- Mail is our preferred shipping method for packages with non-breakable items.
- 90% of orders shipped by mail arrive in 2 days (Fed Ex Ground takes up to a week).
- All mail shipments include a delivery confirmation number which helps with tracking.
- All shipments to PO Boxes, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands are shipped via US Mail. On rare occasions, unusually heavy packages that cannot fit into Flat Rate Priority Mail boxes may cost more than you get charged on the web site. If the difference is significant, we'll email you with options.
- Charges for mail shipments are determined by the cost of your order sub-total, prior to coupons, as follows:
Standard US Mail Shipping Charges for the Continental US (We show a range of prices because states further away will be charged more than closer states. Orders shipped within Colorado or to Wyoming are less expensive than these numbers). Order Totals: Shipping Charges $00.00 - $11.99: $3.00 $12.00 - $24.99: $4.50 $25.00 - $49.99: $6.00-$6.50 $50.00 - $69.99: $8.95-$9.95 $70.00-$99.99: $11.95-$12.95 Over $100.00: $13.95-$14.95 Standard US Mail Shipping Charges to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands: Order Totals: Shipping Charges $00.00 - $19.99: $5.95 $20.00 - $34.99: $8.95 $35.00 - $59.99: $11.95 $60.00 - $79.99: $13.95 $80.00 - $99.99: $14.95 Over $100.00: $15.95
- We are in Colorado -- See map below for transit time to your state.
- Please be aware that FedEx does not ship to Post Office (P.O.) boxes. If you use a PO Box as your ship-to address, we will send your package via US Mail.
- Fed Ex Home Delivery is a ground service that operates Tuesday through Saturday. If Fed Ex recognizes your address as a residential location, we will ship it via this service.
- FedEx Ground (to businesses) ships Monday-Friday. If Fed Ex recognizes your address as a commercial location, we will ship it via this service.
- For orders placed Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday by 10:00 AM (mountain time), we can almost always get your order shipped the same day the order is placed. The warehouse is closed Wednesdays most of the year. Orders placed after 10:00 AM (mountain time) on Friday or over the weekend will typically ship the following Monday.
- Our central location in Colorado and our expedited Postal Service handling means most orders sent by the USPS arrive 2 days after shipment. Fed Ex Ground shipments to the East Coast usually take 4 business days to arrive; Fed Ex Ground shipments to the West Coast usually take 2-3 business days. See FedEx Zone Map above.
- The order number, tracking number, date, status, payment method, etc. will appear for each order. (No credit card numbers can be viewed here.)
- All shipments shipped via Fed Ex or Priority Mail will have the tracking number listed. This number is a link to the Fed Ex or USPS site; click on it and your package will be tracked within seconds.
- "Status" will have the following possibilities: 1) "Your Order is Being Processed" means we have not shipped your order yet; 2) "Shipped" means the order has shipped or will be shipping out that day; for Pick-Up orders, "Completed for Pickup" means the order has been received, paid, and will be ready for pick-up on the next pick-up day; 3) "Backordered" means your order has been delayed because something is out of stock.
- To view details of what items you ordered, click on "View Details" for any order.
- Please note that you must have an account set up and log into your account when you place an order to view your order status. Setting up and using an account makes it easier to place orders in the future, and we do not save credit card information or use account information for any use other than fulfilling orders. In other words, we do not sell or give away account information and we do send solicitations to accounts. Our only email correspondence is to confirm your order & inform you you of shipment and tracking information.
- Your complete satisfaction is our goal. If you are dissatisfied with your purchase for any reason, simply return the item to us within 30 days of your receipt of the merchandise for a refund or exchange. Please make sure teapots/cups are clean and in saleable condition. Please understand that we can only refund shipping charges if the return is a result of our error. Return of items in a "Free Shipping" order will result in regular shipping costs being deducted from the credit issued, if the return reduces the final purchase amount below that required for free shipping. See guidelines below for returning your item.
- If you are dissatisfied with any tea purchase, you may return the unused portion within 30 days with your receipt for a refund of that portion. Please try to buy small amounts of new teas so you can try them first. Note that free samples of most teas are available with any order. Shipping costs cannot be refunded on tea purchases.
- Credit card charges will be refunded on the same credit card only. Payments made by check will be refunded by check. Refunds will be completed as soon as we receive the merchandise in good condition.
What to do if you have received broken merchandise:
If you receive merchandise that is broken, please call us as soon as possible so we can begin the claims procedure with the shipper. Please save all packaging materials, including all boxes, filler, and wrapping, as these items are required to make a claim with Fed Ex or the Postal Service. While the claim is being made, we will of course replace your broken item without hesitation.
Defective items will be replaced ASAP.
Procedure to obtain a refund or exchange:
- Please call our toll-free number (866-551-5520) or contact us so we can expect your return.
- Please include either a copy of your receipt or a note with your name and order number in the box.
- If you are returning a breakable item, be sure to pack it securely, preferably in the original box and packaging that we used. Follow these guidelines:
- There must be 1-2 inches of packing materials (paper, bubble wrap, foam, etc.) between the item and the box on all sides.
- All fragile items (e.g. a teapot and a lid) must be separated from each other by packing materials.
- Send via Insured Priority Mail, Fed Ex, or UPS.
- If an uninsured item is returned to us broken, we cannot issue a refund.
- If you are returning tea only (or some other very light weight item), please return it via Parcel Post or First Class Mail. Otherwise we recommend insured Priority Mail, Fed Ex, or UPS.
- Original shipping and return shipping costs will be refunded to you if your merchandise was defective, damaged, or if you received the wrong merchandise.
Return items to this address:
The Tea Table
1312 Blue Spruce Drive. Ste 1
Fort Collins CO 80524